Sunday, October 16, 2005

My adventures began back in April when I initially moved to South Korea to teach English. It was a surreal moment when I stepped into the plane that was to fly me 13 hours away from a world that I knew. Now, 6 months later, it still hits me that I'm living in Korea - I actually LIVE in Korea. I find myself saying this over and over because I'm still amazed at myself that I'm still here. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not a quitter - when I say I'm going to do something, I will fight tooth and nail to complete what I've committed myself to doing. Teaching english has its challenges but it certainly has its rewards as well. The most challenging thing for me has been to let things go - especially if something isn't working as I believe it should. I'm a very detailed-oriented person and have always believed that if the details aren't worked out, how can the whole machine work properly? Learning to let the "me" go, and having God show me His way has proved to be the key to a successful experience.