Monday, September 11, 2006

i thought teaching music here would be fairly similar to teaching it in the states... ha! how could it be since all the terminology is obviously in spanish. when have i ever needed to use spanish when teaching violin lessons or when teaching a basic theory class in the states? i don´t have a clue how to even say "eighth note" or "up/down bow" in spanish. ya see my dilema?

so, you can imagine how teaching my violin lessons and music theory class has been for the last few weeks. every week i have to not only study to brush up on my theory but i have to REALLY study to remember all the terms that i need to explain everything! woah... i wasn´t prepared for this at all. but it´s been good for me since i´ve forgotten like 80% of what i learned when i was a student... well, not that much, but it sure feels like it when i walk into my theory class. thank God for my violin lessons and English classes that revives my confidence and self-esteem since it´s something that i feel comfortable teaching. phew! :o)