Thursday, December 14, 2006

I said my goodbyes to the people at the Adventist University of Chile last week. After giving several final exams, calculating grades, attending meetings, etc. I packed my little things and headed North to Santiago where I've been since. I've had a fairly good time at UNACH getting to meet people from all parts of South America. I think my biggest challenge on this adventure, was getting used to having my whole life concentrated on one campus. I've never lived in a dorm, and always wanted to know what it would be like. Well, I didn't exactly live in a dorm here in Chile, but my apartment was located inside the Girl's dorm area, making it feel like I did. I found it difficult to keep all parts of my life seperate from each other - professional, social, and personal. But after a couple months of adjustment, I did eventually get used to it. :o)

So now I'm in Santiago mainly - taking few side trips here and there before heading back the the US. I feel that I worked hard and did my best to teach my students the things I felt were important. I bonded with several of them and will miss them immensely.

my close friends from UNACH left - right:
Isako, Alejandra, and Susana