Tuesday, October 18, 2005

As of yesterday, I've said 'yes' to a calling to move to another institute - about four hours North from my present location. The call came for me just as I was heading out the door on my way to my trusty travel agent. This guy has hooked me up with some fantastic trips so far and I was hoping to get some help with planning my next fantasy location - Vietnam. However, if I end up moving to this new institute in Incheon, I will have to cut my vacationing short due to having to settle into a my new apartment, and visiting with the new institute director, etc. I don't know for sure yet whether I am truly moving - just because I said yes, doesn't mean that they will choose me for the new institute that was just recently built. They had a list with the names of teachers they felt might be up for the new challenge of starting an entirely new institute, and mine was at the top of the list. As flattering as it was to hear that, I was still unsure about my feelings. Envisioning my future of organizing events with students, creating new clubs for them to join, settling into a new apartment with people I've never met - again. I would definitely have my work cut out for me and so, I have mixed emotions about the whole situation. But I believe that God doesn't give us more than what we can handle. I'm not necessarily an extremely religious person, but this is certainly something I've learned during my time here. Meanwhile, I have to continue teaching at this institute in Kwangju for the remainder of this term(6 more days), waiting for word of what the future will hold for me.