Friday, November 04, 2005

Things have been fairly chaotic since I arrived from Vietnam. I had hoped to move into my apartment upon my arrival, but had to stay at the main institute for 2 days because it wasn't ready for us yet. They finally finished putting in the new flooring and wallpaper and allowed us to move in on Wednesday, only to find it in desperate need of cleaning, organizing and obtaining furniture - beds, desks, couches, etc. I have tackled most of the cleaning in the kitchen and what will become our living room areas as well as my own bedroom and bath. We are located on the 13th floor with an amazing view of the city. I think once we finish cleaning it thuroughly and have ordered and recieved all of the new furniture , it will prove to be a great place to live.

As for the new institute, it's not looking very promising. We are planning to open our doors on Monday, November 7, but there is still much to be done to finish what is neccessary to run the institute properly. Desks are still being ordered and other furniture coming in and being placed, then rearranged, etc. It's quite a mess! As for my responsibilities - the Director, Pastor Oh, and I are supposed to talk about the schedules and plan activities and such, but since there is so much that needs to be done when it comes to the building itself, we haven't found the time yet. I'm getting fairly restless with this situation - I don't like that we're not prepared, but there's not much that I can do about it. All I can do is continue praying and let God handle it in His very capable hands.