Sunday, October 23, 2005

I have finally recieved word from the main institute stating that I will be the Coordinator for the new Seongsu Institute located in Seoul. They realized on Friday that the Incheon Institute - the one I was originally assigned to - will not be up and running by the beginning of the next term(Nov. 2). Instead, I am headed for the Big Capital. This too is a brand new institute with a total of only 3 teachers - smaller than my current institute with 5 teachers.

I'll be moving to Seoul on Thursday and am hoping to be able to settle in right away. I am still planning to go to Vietnam, but as I had suspected earlier, it will be a much shorter vacation because of Coordinator's meetings that I will have to attend on Monday afternoon. So I will only have about 4 days of vacation which some may think isn't worth it, but if I don't go to Vietnam now, I may not have a chance later.

I am excited and nervous about this new position, but I know that God has me here for a reason; I believe that Korea is a training ground for my future. With that in mind, I'm ready to see what is still ahead for me here.