Sunday, October 15, 2006

My life´s been a whirlwind since my sis arrived last week. I never know where I´ll be from one minute to the other - but that´s what I love about my life. :o) Luckily the Dean of my department is incredibly understanding and has allowed me to miss my classes in order to run around the country with Anita all week.

Of course it´s been great hanging with the fam. but what I was the most excited about was reuniting with my other sister Viviana who lives in Santiago. She´s my half sister from my dad´s first marriage. When my dad got remarried and decided to move to the states in 1973, Vivi´s mother´s side of the family fought to keep her in Chile. My dad had no choice but to leave her there because the law in Chile states that when a couple divorces, the boys stay with their father and the girls live with their mother. Dad always felt awful that he had to leaver her, but he had no choice.

I´ve seen Viviana only a few times in my life - mainly when I came here with my family. But I haven´t had much opportunities to really chat with her in order to get to know her as I wanted. I finally got my opportunity this weekend when Anita and I went to visit her in Santiago. The three of us had a great time talking and laughing together and at each other - enjoying each other´s company. Vivana has a great personality - very warm and open minded, loves to laugh out loud like us Avilés like to do, and seems to enjoy life. She´s planning to come down here to visit hopefully next weekend when we are going to celebrate my niece Carolina´s 1st birthday, so it´ll be nice to have the sisters together again.

Daddy´s girls reunited

my sisters Viviana(leftt) & Anita