Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmas Party

The Main institute hosted their annual Christmas party for all of the foreign teachers Saturday night. At first, I was tempted not to go because it's SO cold outside and I've been avoiding excursions involving having to be outside for longer than aprox. 6 min.(walking time from home to my institute) which basically means, I've been hybernating for the last month. However, I did make the trip(about 45 min. by subway) due to the gentle nagging of my roommates. :o) j/k. It turned out to be not so bad... lots of food - Lasagna, veggies, and pumpkin pie. After dinner, there was about 2 hours of random performances by the Korean side mostly, then about 45 min. of performances by all the different countries represented by the foreign teachers here in Korea. It felt like an eternity, but the finale made the whole ordeal worth it. We each recieved MP3 players - not bad, eh? :o)

It was really nice to be reunited with the teachers from my old institute in Kwangju and others that I'd met during my first week of orientation back in April. Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year, so it was nice to have an early celebration. However, it will be even nicer to go home for the festivities with my family - a little over 1 week to go!!! :o)




Children from our Junior English Program
playing the Korean traditional drum

With Shennoa, one of the teachers at my institute.
Yeah, I know - loser with the antlers... :o)