Sunday, February 19, 2006

Dedicating Dong Seoul Institute

Saturday afternoon, my institute finally had its dedication ceremony. Yes, we've been open since November, but due to so many delays and much work that still needed to be done, it wasn't made "official" until now. The President and founder of SDA Language Institutes of Korea came to the ceremony, along with 200+ "big wigs" for the special ceremony. There were several speaches, etc. then my faculty and staff had to perform a special song for our guests. (It's a Korean tradition to sing/perform for special events) We then were presented and the President offered a special dedication prayer.

Finally, at the end of this 2 hour program, was the ribbon cutting ceremony. I, along with the other teachers and staff, were standing to the side watching the men line up for the ribbon cutting. When out of nowhere, right before everyone was about to cut, the President said, "wait, where is the Coordinator?" SO, unexpectedly, I took part in this special event. :o)

Now Dong Seoul is officially part of the SDA Language Institutes of Korea. I'm very proud of the hard work the Director, staff, and my teachers have done over the past 4 months, and hope that we continue to do so with God's help and guidance.

Dee Dee and I were the greeters for the event.
Her husband is my Director, Pastor Oh.
We're wearing Hanboks - Korean traditional dress
Presenting the faculty and staff of Dong Seoul

Crammed between the Big Wigs for the ribbon cutting. :o)
To the left of me, the President and founder
of SDA Language Institutes of Korea.
To the right, my Director, Pastor Oh

With teachers Stella, Monica, and Ellie
Enjoying some down time after saying
good bye to the 200+ guests