Thursday, October 19, 2006

Unach Celebrando 100 Años

All this week, UNACH (Universidad Adventista de Chile) has been having its Centennial celebration. We´ve had various activities like playing games, having several competitions, and hosting special meetings for the students, alumni and community.

Yesterday, we had The Festival of Nations Ceremony where each country that is represented by the student body and/or faculty, gave a special presentation about their country. Some gave speeches, while others danced their traditional folk dances, etc.

I, along with a couple of other professors, was asked to represent the US. Each of us spoke a bit about the history, food, culture, etc. At the end of it all, I pulled out my violin and played a lil hoedown that I´d learned in my earlier violin years. Most hadn´t ever heard any type of country music played live, so it was a pretty big hit. :o)

each country lining up for the parade

Viva USA! :o)

breakin´it down on my violin. :o)