Thursday, December 21, 2006

and so i begin my farewell to my familia querida. what i´ve loved the most about living here in Chile, is having my extended family nearby after living these 25 yrs of my life having them so far away. when growing up, i always wondered what it´d be like having my oldest sister, aunts, uncles, and cousins around, and this trip has given me the opportunity that i´ve craved my whole life. sure, later on a few of my parent´s siblings joined us in the states and grandma came to visit several times, but for the other 5 uncles/aunts from the Avilés family, and my 1 other aunt & uncle from the Michaud side, they were distant memories from previous trips to Chile that i´ve been wanting to rekindle. unlike Korea days, i haven´t felt alone or without family, and that´s what i will remember the most about this adventure abroad - family.


my oldest sister Viviana

daddy´s brother Eliazar

Tio Eliazar suffered a severe stroke several years ago leaving his left side paralized. He was dad´s closest sibling and daddy always spoke of him with tears in his eyes because he was so far away. because my dad is unable to travel to Chile, i made it my duty to visit all of his family in his place and was particularly interested in seeing this uncle whom my father missed the most.

Tía Marta is the oldest sister of the Avilés clan whom everyone thinks of as their second mom.

one of dad´s other sisters Sara, and oldest living brother Manuel.