Friday, December 30, 2005

Once again, my family is anxiously waiting the arrival of another baby girl - this time, it's my brother Gabriel's turn. His wife Tanya went to the hospital about 3 hours ago and recieved the epidural shortly thereafter. Currently, she's about 5 cm dialated and the doctor broke her water, so now we have to wait. I'm excited to see the new addition to our family - which seems to be growing bigger by the day! :o) Meanwhile, my father is proudly holding my other niece Carolina, (Anita's baby) and is having a great time with her. Dad is of course sick with Alzheimer's disease, but nonetheless, seems to know exactly what to do with her. He is very careful with her - holding her gently, and often rocks Carolina to sleep. Although he doesn't know who she is, he still takes great care for her and enjoys playing with her. I wonder what his reaction will be when he sees Gabe's baby - he'll probably cry and laugh like he did for Carolina's birth! :o) Baby Carolina is a wonderful blessing, and I know that this other new bundle will be as well.