Thursday, January 12, 2006

Term 1 for 2006 is now in full swing with our first week of classes behind us. This term, I'm teaching 8 hours as I used to when I was in Kwangju. Last term I taught only the required 6 hours which was a really nice break. However, being Coordinator gave me many more responsibilities that took up my time as if I were teaching 8 hours.

It's great to see this new institute growing so quickly! We have trippled our enrollment and had to hire 3 more teachers to help out - 1 Junior teacher, and 2 Pre-level teachers. If the numbers keep growing as we're forcasting they will, we'll have to request more foreign teachers for the following term. Tonight we had our Mission Day program that the institute puts on every term. Our tiny chapel was packed to the maximum capacity, and then some. The students were smiling and singing with us and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. I'm happy to see that our institute is growing and that the students are having more and more interest in knowing more about God.